Pyrroloquinolinquinone (PQQ) is a powerful antioxidant that plays an important role in protecting cells from free radical damage and supporting overall health. This antioxidant is found in some foods, but is also available in the form of dietary supplements. PQQ has been linked to a number of health benefits, including supporting energy, cognitive function, and healthy aging.
Benefits of dietary supplements containing PQQ
- Antioxidant protection: PQQ is among the powerful antioxidants that help protect cells from free radical damage.
- Energy Support: PQQ can help increase energy levels by supporting the function of mitochondria, which are the energy-producing parts of cells.
- Supports healthy aging: Studies suggest that PQQ may contribute to the maintenance of a youthful appearance and reduce the signs of aging.
- Cognitive function: Some research shows that PQQ can have a positive effect on the cognitive function of the brain and memory.
Where is PQQ found naturally?
PQQ is found in some foods, but its content is usually low. Some of the foods that contain PQQ include:
- Fermented foods: Fermented foods such as kimchi and natto may contain PQQ.
- Vegetable foods: Some vegetables such as spinach, green tea and green peppers may contain low amounts of PQQ.
Although PQQ is found in these foods, many people may not get enough of this antioxidant from their regular diet. Therefore, dietary supplements containing the antioxidant PQQ may be a suitable solution for those looking for a way to obtain the benefits of this important antioxidant