Life Extension Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine
Advanced form of the antioxidant selenium
- Selenium is an important antioxidant for your body and is required as a cofactor of glutathione peroxidase.
- At the same time, it is incorporated into proteins to make selenoproteins, the antioxidant properties of which contribute to blocking cellular damage from free radicals.
- High doses of vitamin C (over 1 gram) may enhance the absorption of selenium. This mineral is best taken in conjunction with antioxidant supplements, such as vitamins C or E.
Health benefits at a glance
- Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine is a naturally occurring seleno-amino acid that is synthesised by plants, such as garlic and broccoli. It is an organoselenium compound and also more bioabsorbable than other forms.
- Unlike selenomethionine, which is incorporated into proteins in place of methionine, this amino-acid is not absorbed into any proteins. Thus, it is fully available for the synthesis of selenium-containing enzymes, such as glutathione peroxidase.
Dosage and use
Take one (1) capsule daily, with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
Serving size: 1 capsule
Servings per container: 90
Amount per serving||
Selenium (as Se-Methyl L-Selenocysteine)||
Selenium (As Se-methyl L-selenocysteine) • Microcrystalline Cellulose • Vegetable Cellulose (Capsule) • Stearic Acid • Silica.
Store in dry place at room temperature. Do not store in direct sunlight or in the freeze.
Dietary supplement. Do not exceed the recommended daily dosage. It does not replace a varied and balanced diet and a healthy lifestyle. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, taking any medications, planning a surgical procedure, or have any medical conditions, consult your doctor before use. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Country of origin
Quality Supplements and Vitamins, 3600 W Commercial Blvd Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33309-3338 USA